Feb 25, 2011

Floating the Workshop Balloon

The past few weeks have seen a spontaneous flurry of emails asking when my next writing workshop will be held. So I thought I'd send out a feeler about doing one this spring and see if anyone is interested in a three-day Intro to Memoir workshop in Santa Monica, California, from May 13-15.

I use an eight-step program I developed to help bring writers from an idea to the first draft of a five-page piece in two and a half days. It's a good format for women who want to write about their mothers, though in the past students have come from all over the country to write about every personal topic imaginable. Writers of all levels of experience are welcome, including beginners.

We meet Friday from 3 to 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 6. Cost is typically $450, with breakfasts and Sunday dinner included. The venue is right across the street from the beach, and May is a beautiful month in SoCal. Also included in the price: handouts, unlimited coffee, and an hour with a guest speaker so you don't have to listen to just me for two and a half days straight.

Also in the zone of possible: the same workshop in Iowa City in early June.

If you're interested in either of the above, please email me at hopeedelman@gmail.com.

(This photo is from the Iowa City workshop in May of 2010, taken in my dining room. The giraffe in the far back corner is named Newman.)

3 comments:

Inner-Expression said...

Hi Hope

Will be at which ever workshop goes for certain.

Looking forward to this possibility.

Dreams do come true.

Thanking you from my heart and soul.

In kindness
Colli

Anonymous said...

Dear Hope,
I just found your website through Hannah K. She recommended that I connect with you about it. I am very interested in taking the workshop in May. Please let me know how to proceed, and if there is room for me. Thank you,
Patty
plittle@csusb.edu

Hope Edelman said...

Patty,
Please email me at hopeedelman@gmail.com for details. I'll be sending out registration materials in the next few days. Thanks!